Loading a NetSpend card is easy and fast. You can load your card in multiple ways, including setting up direct deposit, transferring funds from another bank account, or using cash to add money at thousands of participating retailers. This guide will walk you through the steps for loading your NetSpend card.
How to add funds to your Netspend card?
- Direct Deposit: You can set up direct deposit for your NetSpend card and have your funds automatically loaded monthly. Provide your card’s routing number and account number to your employer or another payer, and they will send the funds directly to your card.
- Transfer Funds from Another Bank Account: You can transfer money from any bank account in the U.S., including checking, savings, or even a PayPal account. All you need is the routing number and account number of your NetSpend Card.
- Add Cash at Participating Retailers: You can add money to your NetSpend Card with cash at thousands of participating retailers nationwide, such as 7-11 stores, CVS Pharmacy, and Family Dollar. All you need is the 14-digit card number or barcode on the back of your card.
How to use your Netspend card for online and in-store purchases?
- Online Purchases: You can use your NetSpend card to purchase online or over the phone. Enter the 14-digit card number and expiration date when prompted for payment information during checkout.
- In-Store Purchases: You can use your NetSpend Card in stores like any other prepaid debit card. Present your card when you purchase and sign or enter your PIN as needed. Your purchase will be deducted from your balance right away.
How to withdraw money from your Netspend card?
- ATM withdrawals: You can withdraw money from any Allpoint or NetSpend-affiliated ATM in the U.S. using your card and PIN. There is no fee for this service, but the ATM owner may charge you a fee.
- Cashback at participating retailers: You can get cash back when purchasing at thousands of participating retailers nationwide, such as Walmart and Target. Select “debit” during checkout and enter your PIN when prompted to access up to $20 in cash back per transaction (fees may apply).
- Direct bank transfers: You can transfer funds directly from your NetSpend Card to a U.S.-based checking account or PayPal account free of charge. All you need is the other bank’s routing number, account number, or PayPal email address.
What fees are associated with the Netspend card?
NetSpend charges a $5.95 fee for new cards and a monthly maintenance fee of up to $9.95, depending on your chosen plan. There are also fees associated with cash reloads, ATM withdrawals, international transactions, and more. You can review all applicable fees in the Cardholder Agreement provided by NetSpend upon signup or by visiting their website.
Q: Does the Netspend card have a limit?
A: Yes, the NetSpend card has a daily spending limit and an ATM withdrawal limit. The limits vary based on your plan, so please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for specific details.
Q: Is there a way to avoid fees with the NetSpend card?
A: Yes, in some cases, you can qualify for fee waivers or reduced fees by enrolling in direct deposit or setting up automatic transfers from other bank accounts. You can also opt-in to receive text messages to monitor your account activity more closely and be alerted when any fees are charged.
Q: Can I use my NetSpend card internationally?
A: Yes, the NetSpend card is accepted anywhere Mastercard is accepted. However, there are foreign transaction fees associated with international purchases and ATM withdrawals that your bank or the merchant may charge. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for more information about these fees.
Q: Does the Netspend card provide any rewards?
A: Yes, NetSpend offers reward points for every purchase you make. You can redeem these points for various discounts and deals with participating merchants. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for details about how to earn and redeem your rewards.
Q: Can I use my Netspend card to pay bills?
A: You can set up bill payments with your NetSpend card. This can be done through the online portal or mobile app. You must provide the merchant’s bank information and account number for each payment. Keep in mind that some merchants may charge additional fees for this service. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for more details.
Q: Is my NetSpend card FDIC-insured?
A: Your NetSpend card is FDIC-insured up to the maximum law allows. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for more information about FDIC coverage.
Q: Can I get cash from someone else’s Netspend card?
A: Only the account holder can withdraw money from their NetSpend card. If you try transferring money from one person’s account to another, you must set up a direct bank transfer or use a different service such as PayPal or Venmo.
Q: Can I transfer money from my NetSpend card to another bank account?
A: Yes, you can transfer funds directly from your NetSpend Card to a U.S.-based checking account or PayPal account free of charge. All you need is the other bank’s routing number, account number, or PayPal email address. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for more information about this service.
Wrapping It Up
The NetSpend card is a great choice for those who want to manage their money on the go. It offers a range of features and services, from direct deposit to bill payments, with low fees and FDIC-insured protection. If you have any more questions about the NetSpend card, please refer to the Cardholder Agreement for more details or contact their customer support team.